Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My maternal grandpa

I have only seen one picture of my maternal grandfather and it was old enough and the picture was taken from far away. There has always been this question about what he looks like. My sister has been working on our family tree and has made connection with his last wife and her family. This week my mother received a picture from them of my grandpa. WOW! This was like Christmas. I know that my mom was excited but I have to say that I was also excited to see what he looked like.
He is the one that is leaning on the car, second from the right. I was a little sad that I couldn't see more of his face but also at the same time very excited that this was the most I have ever seen of him. I think he died in 1972 and I was born in 1974. He lived in Washington and I never got to meet him. My mom hadn't seen him since she was 12. There are so many unanswered questions and I can only imagine how many my mom has. But today one of those questions was answered, I now know what my grandfather looks like!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment