Sunday, November 25, 2012

Feeling crafty!

A few weeks back we were in Kohl's and I came across the cutest picture in their home decor section. It was a canvas and had 6 clothes pins and a really cute little saying. But they wanted $39.99 for it and that was the sale price. So I decided that I would try to make my own!!!
I went to Michael's and picked up two painting canvas, they were a package deal and cost $9.99 but I used my 40% off coupon and got them for a little over $5! I brought them home and with paint that I already had on hand (you know the kind that we all buy when it is on sale 2/$1). I painted one of them completely black. I let it dry for several days, not because it took that long but because I work during the day and couldn't sit down and finish it right away. I also spray painted the clothes pins with black spray paint that I had on hand for another one of my crafty projects!!
I sat down yesterday and cut out my saying using Paper Studio paper, my gypsy, Calligraphy Cricut cartridge and Glue. (I really need to learn how to use the Weld option on my gypsy because I was totally going for a different look but just couldn't get it to weld together).
Here is the final project!
The idea behind this project is for me to be able to change out the pictures as the boys get older. The only thing that concerns me is that this leaves the pictures exposed, however I plan to change them out on a regular bases (we will see how that works for me)! 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my project, comments are always appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment