Saturday, January 11, 2014

Post-It Note Holder w/small gel pen Tutorial

Today we are going to make a cute Post-It Note Holder that will also hold a small gel pen that you can find at staples. These are all over the web and are super easy to make and they make great gifts! These are perfect for Teacher Appreciation Week, Secretary Day, Bosses Day or just as a thank you gift. I made a bunch of these a few years ago while I was doing my student teaching and gave them to the class as their Valentine's gift. It worked out perfect for the class because we were doing a lot with post-it notes that semester and the kids and teacher went crazy over them!

Let's Get Started:

You will need:
12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - 1 sheet
I used Polka Dot Parade DSP by Stampin' Up
You can use a solid card stock or a pattern card stock
Post-It Note pad
Small gel Pen - I buy these from Staples and you can get colored or black
Scoring Tool - you can use a scoring board or a cutter to help get the score lines
Cutter
Adhesive 

Here is a picture of my supplies:

Step 1:
Cut paper at 7 3/8 x 3 1/4
(You can actually make 4 holders out of 1 piece of card stock...BONUS!)



Step 2:
Decide which side of the card stock you want to be the outside cover
You can actually make 2 from one side and 2 from the other side to give you a variety


Step 3:
Score at:
3 1/8, 3 1/2 and 3 7/8

Fold on score lines
You will need to fold the middle score line in the opposite direction 
to cut two small slits (cut to the score line).
This will be the pen holder

Folded

This picture shows what it will look like with the pen holder cut.

You are on your way to 4 cute little post-it note holders!
Keep going...

Picture at a different angle
You will need to use your adhesive to place the post-it notes.
Make sure that the smaller side is facing up and that they pen holder is to your left.

Decorate how ever you would like.
I used the left over scraps and cut two squares for each holder and then
place a button in the middle.

I used twine in the middle of the button to give it a little extra something!


You have now finished 4 post-in note holders!

I hope you will try to make this project and if you do I would love to see your creation!

Please leave me a comment on what you think about this project and don't forget to become a follower so you do not miss out on upcoming craft creations!






2 comments:

  1. Love the idea, I will have to share this one with my wife. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! I am a teacher and would love that!!! I may have to save this as an idea for summer break.

    ReplyDelete